Participation in this course will help facilitate the transition from senior trainee to consultant.
The course will help the trainee:
- Identify strategies to acquire and develop the competencies outlined in the Healthcare Leadership Model .
- To broaden/deepen understanding of the complexity of the NHS and how healthcare services are evolving.
- Recognise what is involved in the role of Consultants as leaders and managers within the NHS and specifically within a NHS Trust.
- Appreciate the need for clinical engagement within Trusts to facilitate planning, delivery and transformation of clinical services.
- Acquire practical skills that will be needed when developing business cases and participating effectively in key governance processes.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to compete for a consultant appointment.